Our DVDs and Downloads are Guaranteed to Play Worldwide
How do I watch with the VHX iOS App?
How do I watch with the VHX iOS App?
In this article:
WHAT IS THE VHX iOS APP?
VHX is an internet platform that makes video distribution possible for everyone. This rad VHX mobile app delivers the best video viewing experience for everything you own on VHX. Log in and stream all the videos in your VHX Library anywhere, any time, online or off.
- Instantly stream your VHX videos in HD
- Automagically beam videos from your phone to your Apple devices with AirPlay
- No Internet required! Sync videos to watch offline, or connect with WiFi, 3G and 4G
- Pick up where you left off, no problem: Resume watching on any device
- Tell your friends about your fave videos with Twitter, Facebook, text, and email, right in the app
The app works on the following iOS devices:
- iPhone (4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, or 6 Plus running iOS 7.0 and above)
- iPad (2, Air, or Retina running iOS 7.0 and above)
DOWNLOADING THE VHX iOS APP
LOGGING IN TO THE VHX IOS APP
- Open the VHX app on your iOS device.
- Enter your VHX account email address that you've used to purchase VHX videos in the past.
- If you have set a password previously, you will be asked to enter it. If you have not set a password, VHX will send you an email to verify your account. And if you do not remember your password, you can reset it by tapping Forgot your password? in the app or going here: https://www.vhx.tv/login?forgot_password=1
- Once logged in, your library of purchased videos will load immediately.
WATCHING VIDEOS WITH THE VHX IOS APP
Watching your purchased VHX videos on the app is very easy!
- Once logged in and your library has loaded, tap the image of the video you want to watch.
- The video's collection will load, and you can choose a video to begin watching.
- Tap on a video and it will start playing right on the page. To watch in full-screen click the fullscreen button in the lower right of the video.
Stream video right to your Apple TV with Airplay. Simply click the Airplay icon and select More Devices.
TURNING ON SUBTITLES IN THE VHX IOS APP
To enable subtitles for the video you are watching on the VHX app, tap the subtitles icon and select the language of choice. The icon is in the upper right hand side of the playing video. Note that not all videos have subtitles. They are only present if the seller has supplied them.
To play subtitles while streaming to your TV via the app, you must use Airplay mirroring of your whole iOS device display. Follow these instructions to do that.
SYNCING VIDEOS FOR OFFLINE VIEWING
If you want to watch a video when you aren't connected to wifi or your cell network, you can choose to sync (download) videos to your iOS device. This is a great tool when watching on an airplane or other places without wifi or network.
- Navigate to the video you want to sync.
- Click the offline sync button to start downloading the video or videos to your device.
- Once the video is complete, you are free to disconnect from wifi or network.
- You can watch or delete your synced videos by clicking the menu button, and then OFFLINE VIDEOS. Click the X button to remove the video from your device.
CHANGING ACCOUNT SETTINGS
To change your account settings, click the menu icon, and then Settings.
You can change the following settings:
- Display Name - This is your display name on VHX.
- Password - The password you use to login to VHX.
- Video Sync Settings - This is the maximum video resolution you want to sync to your device using Offline Syncing. 540p is the smallest file size and 1080p is the largest.
- Sync over Wifi - This toggle lets you choose if you want to offline sync over wifi only or also over network data.
- Receive Notifications - Toggle this on if you want to receive push notifications for new video content to your iPhone device.
Still need help? Contact UsLast updated on March 10, 2016